Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Waiting

Waiting isn't always easy! I can wait for new clothes or new shoes and waiting for a table is not that big of a deal, but waiting for a son who is deployed can be heart wrenching. A mother's mind can go a whole lot of places while she waits to hear from him. I wake up in the middle of the night with my heart racing and I don't know why, so I start praying because that is all I can do. I have been randomly waking up at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning and then I am awake for an hour or two, it drives me crazy because I know I have to get up in the morning and go on with life. I am so proud of him and what he does but that doesn't make it any easier.

So I find things to do to keep me busy, I knit, sew, read, anything that will occupy my mind (not that it always works). Being a mom can be so wonderful and amazing and sometimes it can be so hard.

In the last 4 weeks we have sent one son back to a war zone, went to our oldest son's wedding and had multiple sick kiddos, I have the feeling of having been on a really long emotional roller coaster ride.
We are excited to welcome our beautiful new daughter-in- law to our family, the kiddos are getting better and life is slowly going back to normal and I know our son is safe at the moment, because he called his girlfriend, I just needed to put it all into words.

3 comments:

Pretty Knitty said...

Praying, as always. I know what that's like.

Sigrid said...

I have a 17 year old son and can't imagine how worried you must be. I seems unfair to me that some Moms have to lay awake at night fretting, while others of us can sleep soundly knowing where our boys are. But I think you are right, praying can bring some peace.

By the way, the sewing machine? It's so cool.

Lisa said...

Thank you :)