Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Tired of the Clutter and the Mess

I am not the greatest housekeeper, I like to have a clean house but I am lazy. I think part of the problem is that we are a family of 7, though only 5 of us live here now we still have things here that belong to the older boys since they are not living anywhere permanent(college and military) at the moment. We are all keepers of stuff, either we are to lazy to get rid of it or we just might need it someday.

I am so very tired of living like this!! I see these beautiful houses on the blogs I read and I am so jealous. I want a cleaner less cluttered house! okay, so I know this means I have to stop being lazy and do something about it. I want to be ruthless when it comes to getting the CRAP out of my house, but can I do it?

I was going through pictures the other day and I realized almost every picture taken in my bedroom was terrible. In the background you can see bags waiting for the Good Will, stuff piled on the dressers ughh!

After realizing this I came across this post and then this post and I thought well why not make myself do this now.

I just want to feel more relaxed and comfortable in my own house, I want to live in a home that our family can be comfortable and proud to bring someone into. I want to stop feeling like I need to apologize to people for my messy house.

I am off to start cleaning the clutter...

4 comments:

Pretty Knitty said...

late in leaving a comment here, but you have inspired me to join in the get teh crap out challenge. . .thanks! I needed a boost!

Lisa said...

I am still working on it! But it feels so much better when you look at the finished room.

Autum said...

I know this is an older post, but I just had to say, I can relate. When the kids leave, for some reason they feel like mom and dad's house is their permanent storage facility for things they don't want to deal with. I felt bad about wanting to clear some of their stuff out for a long time, but like you , I was tired of having so much clutter that wasn't even mine. I started bagging/boxing things up and sending a little with them every time they came over. I still have a lot of stuff here, but it's much better than it was.

Lisa said...

I felt like I cleaned a lot of the stuff out and I had a huge garage sale, but I am still feeling the need to simplify more. That's a great idea if I send things little by little maybe they won't catch on that I am cleaning my house and cluttering theirs :).