Friday, January 29, 2010

A Little Something To Brighten My Day

After a week or so of rain I needed to find something to brighten my day. So I pulled out this cute little embroidered dog I found among some fabric that was given to me and decided to make something. I went through my basket of reproduction fabrics and decided that this red one would be the one to brighten my day.

So while my Hubby, who had the day off, went to go pick up the kiddos from school I sat down at my machine a quickly sewed this cute little quilt.

When it came to quilting it, I did a stitch in the ditch around the embroidered part and then went with some free motion dog bones and dog paws. The lighting wasn't the greatest when I took the pictures, but the dog bones are along the side and the paws are in the corners.

It was fun to just experiment with something different with the free motion quilting and even though it isn't perfect it came out way better than I thought it would. So now I have a cute little quilt hanging in the Soffice (sewing room/office, named by my kiddos).





No comments: