Friday, October 16, 2009

Warm Hats

Now that my son has received his birthday box with his hats inside I can show the pictures! I had to ask my youngest to model them for the camera and he did so willingly because he is such a camera ham. I used the "A Hat Fit for a Boyfriend" pattern found here . I really liked this pattern and it was a very quick knit (2 hats in 3 days).
I used Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted for both hats. The lighter gray hat I used size 8 needles as called for in the pattern and I love the big squishy look to it. Knowing it was supposed to snow soon I decided to knit two hats for him and so the second one I thought I might be able to knit up a little tighter and maybe it would be even warmer??!! I went down to size 7 needles and it is fine and it fits great. When I went back to look at the pictures though I realized I am so much happier with the looks of the one knit on size 8 needles. He was very happy with them and said they fit great so that makes me happy.

Now that I had my younger son modeled the hats for me, he has been planning out his own hats and my oldest told me his accidentally fell into his laundry and shrunk (felted probably) so he will need new ones too.

No comments: