Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Thrifted Shirts

Friday the two younger kids and I set out to search garage sales/yard sales for men's shirts. I had waited until the last minute to find my shirts for the Reclaimed/Recycled Clothing Quilt-Along and now I was starting to get anxious that I wouldn't find what I wanted or enough of what I wanted. I was so wrong, we visited one yard sale and a church rummage sale and I scored 10 nice shirts for a good price. Saturday, while my Wonderful Husband and I were working on the work shelf/table he built for my sewing room, my daughter went down to a yard sale on our street and got me five more shirts!
I spent bits of the weekend washing and cutting up the shirts and then finally finished them all up on Monday. It will be fun to see how this quilt comes along.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Cool! That's a lot of shirts! Can't wait to see what you do with them.