Monday, June 15, 2009

Homemade Bread


I love bread!! I have always been very interested in homemade bread but I was too lazy to always make it. When our older boys were in grade school (12 yrs ago or so) I got a bread machine and I used to make bread in that all the time and all their sandwiches were from bread I made. Somehow I got out of the habit or I couldn't keep up with the demand, or maybe both. Recently, while reading the blogs I have come across the book Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day . My wonderful husband bought it this week for my birthday and yesterday I made up the dough and put in the refrigerator. Today I pulled the dough out and made two loaves, ok so they aren't perfect but they smell so wonderful. I am trying to be patient and wait until they cool down to cut a slice but I'm not sure how long I will last.

I am still cutting fabric for my next quilt (told ya I was slow). I have been distracted a lot by Skype though, we have found that is a great thing to have with the older boys being so far away. Seeing their faces and friends really helps a lot and they don't feel quite so far. I need to keep a basket of embroidery, knitting or hand sewing next the desk so I can work on it while visiting with them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: