Thursday, January 22, 2009

Scrappy Sewing

Life has been a bit crazy around my house the last few months, holidays, one son home for Christmas and then heading back to college, one son leaving for the Army, and having all 5 kids home all day for 2 weeks.
I did get to sew and knit during that time but it was mostly gifts for Christmas. I made lap quilts for my SIL and my Husband, a t-shirt quilt for one son, and knitted hats and a scarf for the other kiddos. My oldest felt he needed a quilt to take back to school so I whipped one up before he left, he was quite pleased with it.





I haven't blogged at all lately but I have spent a whole lot of time reading other peoples blogs. I have found a lot of new blogs I really enjoy and that really encourage my creativity.
I found the You Can Make This blog not too long ago and have decided to join along making this quilt. I love the scrappy look of it and have quite a few scraps laying around.
Today after the kids were in school I grabbed my coffee and headed upstairs to pick out fabric to cut and sew for the quilt. It was relaxing and before I knew it the nasty headache that had been bothering me for 2 days was gone!! I only got my squares cut and sewed up, I still have to square them up and make the blocks.
I really would like to get back into blogging more, come out of my shell a bit and join some of the sew alongs that are going on, and maybe even leave comments on the wonderful blogs I read.

1 comment:

V and Co. said...

how on EARTH do you have a kid going back to college and another one going in the army? you are too young looking!!