Thursday, September 25, 2008

Knitting Projects

When I picked up my knitting again (after a year of not knitting) I found myself wanting to knit projects I had abandoned long ago. My Elizabeth Zimmerman PI shawl is one of them, I had become very bored with it and had just set it aside. Now I am enjoying it! I love knitting it while watching TV because I don't have to think about it, I can just knit (so soothing). I am about 30 rows from the border and I can't wait to see what it looks like when I can finally open it up and see it blocked. I did just knit the plain buttonhole version because that is all I felt I could handle at the time.

Next up is a new project, I started the February Lady Sweater. I am using some Wool-ease that I had in my stash. I didn't really need to start another project but I found it hard to resist.
Next up will be another hat for my oldest son, who is away at college. He requested a hat in his school colors, so I made him a gray one with red stripes. The latest request was asking if I had enough yarn left to make him a red one with gray stripes. I am using the pattern Turn a Square This pattern is easy and enjoyable and I love the finished hat and apparently so did my son since he asked for a second one.

No comments: