Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Christmas sweater is finally done!

I am so excited! I finished the last of the seaming on DH's sweater last night. I even had buttons in the house that looked nice on it. I did not have a model in the house when it came time to take pictures so the chairs will have to do for now. When I finished it he put it on and wore it until bedtime, commenting about how comfortable it was (YEA). One of my sons took one look at it and requested the same sweater but in dark gray, good thing it was an enjoyable knit.


Here are the details of the sweater:

Pattern: Sumburgh Hooded Pullover (Jamieson's Shetland Knitting Book)
Yarn: Wool-ease yarn color: ummm I don't remember because I NEVER write it down and I always LOSE the labels. (this is something I really need to work on)
It was an enjoyable knit and it took me awhile only because I decided to make my SIL's Christmas gift first and then I got a little scared of the seaming.


My hands have been so cold, that I decided to take some of my leftover Cascade 220 from the AP bag and make some fingerless mittens. I am using the Cornflower Mitts pattern from Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts issue. I hope the reason they look weird, is the way I am trying to model with DPN"S still in and camera angle. I am almost done with the first one and when I finish them I will move onto finishing up some projects in my sidebar.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Nice Sweater! Oh, but I admire your ability to knit another one just the same!

Lisa said...

Lynne, thank you! I never actually told my son WHEN I would make the sweater, lol it may be awhile.