Friday, January 12, 2007

The AP Bag

I have finished something! I have been Knitting Jayne's AP Bag this was a fun easy knit. I found the instructions easy to follow and very straightforward. It took me a couple of weeks but only because I have been lazy.




I used Cascade 220 and other than the black I don't know the colors because I threw away the labels. I am a little unhappy with my handle, I decided to double the yarn to make it thicker but it was too wide once felted so I pulled both edges to the middle and sewed them, what I got is a rolled effect. I think maybe if I pull the hardware off one side and just shorten it, it will be fine.
I've been trying to decide if I want to make a lining with a zipper, that of course would mean I would have to unbury the sewing machine.
I really love this bag! I can't wait to use it. Thank you Jayne!!!

4 comments:

jayne said...

Look at that -- your bag turned out great!

I'm glad the instructions were clear. I have not tried knitting a handle yet, so it's interesting to see what you come up with.

Congrats -- you're the first that I know of to make the bag.

Lisa said...

Thanks Jayne! I had fun with it, I am thinking of making a solid color one next.

Vamanta said...

Lisa, your Jayne bag looks just fabulous! Those colors are my colors too. I have the bag on my to-do list.

Enjoy!

Lisa said...

Thank You Vamanta! I can't wait to see yours :-).