Sunday, October 22, 2006

Childhood Memories


It is that time of year again, the time of year I start to crave something remembered from my childhood. When I was growing up money was tight so treats were spread out and special, one I remember in particular was at Halloween. My mom would take my brother and I to get ice cream at one of the popular ice cream places and we would always get a scoop of black licorice and a scoop of orange sherbet. MMMM it was so good, the problem is I always have the craving but can never find the ice cream. If I my memory is correct this was passed down from her childhood and her father used to take her and her brother to get the same thing at Halloween.

Most people just turn up there nose and look at me strange but really they don't know what they are missing. It has always made me a bit sad I couldn't pass on the tradition with my kids. It does make a wonderful memory if if I can't actually have any this year.

Have a Great Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't imagine the taste of licorce ice cream! Although I do like licorce. Here's a link to someone who sells it and there are also recipes for it online! You can find anything on the Net - LOL.
http://www.icecreamsource.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ICS105

Lillium/approachingglory.typepad.com