Saturday, June 03, 2006

Nosiness

I was driving to my meeting the other morning and noticed something going on in front of me. The truck right in front of me pulled into the right lane and pulled up next to the car that was now, right in front if me. I watched as he tried to get the girls attention, he was nicely waving at her, then he was trying to whistle and yell "Hey lady". All the while, my nosiness was getting the best of me, I just couldn't let go of the fact that I wanted to know what was going on. Finally, the gentleman became frustrated and yelled out "Fine I was just trying to help you" and he moved on. Ok Great! Now I will never know what was going on. So, I continued on to my meeting and as it happened she pulled into the same parking lot I was going into and she was going into the same building. I got out of my car and walked past her car and as I was walking past I notice something wedged in between the back window and the lip of her trunk, it was a set of car keys! So I grabbed them and found the lady, as I was giving the keys to her I told her what I had seen while I was following her. She laughed nervously and said "Yeah I know I was trying to ignore him". I was glad that I was able to help her and at the same time put an ending to the story.
I thought about it later and figured I probably would have done the same thing as she did. I certainly don't know if I would roll down the window if some strange man was trying to talk to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find this so interesting because this past week I had the same thing happen to me! I had driven all over town and on the interstate and was just on my way home when a white van and a guy started yelling at me. I rolled down the window and he yelled that I was driving on a flat! It was so bad that the poor tire couldn't even be repaired. I can understand the lady's hesitancy but obviously there are still gentlemen out there!

Lillium
http://approachingglory.typepad.com