Sunday, May 07, 2006

Feeling a little better


I found that just writing that post yesterday helped me to feel better. I realized that I need to be spending more time in prayer and God's word instead of worrying about the unknown and things that are out of my hands.

Went to the nursery yesterday and bought new herbs for my garden. We bought basil, cilantro, flat leaf parsley, and chives. We also got two tomato plants and some flowers. The three younger ones and I cleaned up the backyard and planted our new plants and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Then my husband and 16 yr old came home and we installed my new dishwasher YEA! Seeing that my old one gave out the night before they left for Mexico and I have been washing dishes by hand for 3 weeks YUCK (I am spoiled).

Maybe, I will pull out some forgotten projects this week and decide if they are worth working on. Maybe, I will decide to start a pair of socks, we'll see. I do know, I will be trying to look at life in a better light, looking for the good in life instead of the bad.

*background image found at citrusmoon

2 comments:

Ruth said...

good to hear you are feeling a bit better. sometimes its hard to give it up to God, but when there's nothing else you can do, there's no choice but to do so. =)

by the way, love the new look of your blog!

Lisa said...

Thanks Ruth! :-)