Thursday, June 23, 2005

New Socks


New Socks Posted by Hello

I have new socks and I love them! I used Wendy's Toe up Sock Pattern. I loved this pattern it is easy to follow and my socks are so comfortable. The only problem I had was with the bind off, no matter what I did they were too tight, so I finally went up two needle sizes half way through the ribbing and now they fit. Next time I will only go up one needle size though because now they are a bit loose.

I plan on using this pattern again! The sock yarn worked well for me, as you can tell the stripes match up pretty well and I didn't really try that hard.

The whole time I was working on these socks all I could think of were these Neapolitan coconut candies (yummy). I want to say the yarn is Trekking but I apparently misplaced the label so I am not sure.

I am still working on the Candleflame Shawl, Chicknitsribbiey cardie, various pairs of socks, and I am woking on a water bottle holder for my SIL, I couldn't find a pattern for this so I am designing it myself. I am just using some cotton yarn I had to make it and I am knitting the strap now so there should be pictures in a few days.

I am very excited to share that I recently taught a friend to knit, what a wonderful feeling to share something that I love to do with someone else and have them be excited about it. She has finished a scarf and is nowknittingg a purse!! We are even talking about starting a group that would meet once a month to knit together .


Have a Great Day!

No comments: